Listed in Attractions
- 5754 State Road 23, Spring Green, WI 53588
In 1945 Alex Jordan climbed a rocky tower and his imagination took flight. What began as a lofty retreat with an awe-inspiring view has become the spectacular Wisconsin attraction known worldwide as The House on the Rock.
When you visit The House on the Rock, you’ll see Alex Jordan’s fantastic dreams unfold as you stroll from wonder to wonder. The House itself is an engineering and artistic
Each room is integrated into and around the chimney of rock. The world Alex Jordan created has grown far beyond the Original House and into an array of buildings that
contain some of the world’s most eclectic, exotic and whimsical collections and displays.
On your self-guided tour you will explore:
- The Infinity Room extending an unsupported length of 218 feet and soaring 156 above the valley floor
- The World’s Largest Carousel featuring 269 handcrafted animals, 20,000 lights and 182 chandeliers
- An enormous sea creature longer than the Statue of Liberty is tall
- A Japanese Garden including 14 foot quadruple waterfalls cascading into a garden pond
2014 Regular Season Dates and Hours: March 13 – May 1, 2014, 9am-5pm (Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays) May 2 – May 22, 2014, 9am-5pm (Open Daily) May 23 – Sept. 1, 2014, 9am-6pm (Open Daily) September 2 – October 21, 2014, 9am-5pm (Open Daily) October 22 – November 16, 2014, 9am-5pm (Closed Tuesday & Wednesday) Christmas Season: Nov 20, 2014-Jan 4, 2015. Nov 20-Dec 26: 9am-5pm, (Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day.) Dec 27-Jan 4, 2015: Open daily 9am-5pm.
Located 45 minutes west of Madison on Hwy 23, south of Spring Green (US Hwy 14) and north of Dodgeville, WI (US Hwy 18 & 151).
Please login to add your review.